From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Konqueror config window width
Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2008 08:49:07
1 On Saturday 20 September 2008 10:32:26 Mick wrote:
2 > Hi All,
3 >
4 > This is driving me up the wall and would love to find a solution:
5 >
6 > For some reason when I click on the Konqueror crypto configuration, using
7 > my Fluxbox WM, the window that comes up is ridiculously wide. Something
8 > like twice the width of my screen! I have to drag it to the left/right if
9 > I want to enter data in any of the fields. I tried resizing it by dragging
10 > the bottom corners, but it is not possible. I can only increase it's width
11 > - which is the opposite of what I want.
12 >
13 > Have you come across this problem and how did you overcome it?
14
15 No such problem here. Step 1 is to establish if konqueror or the wm is doing
16 it. Have a look inside ~/.kde/share/config/* and see if there's any specific
17 settings related to crypto and width.
18
19 Then in the crypto dialog itself, do any of those fields have enough data in
20 them that would make the window very wide if fully displayed?
21
22 Finally, stop all KDE apps and rename ~/.kde temporarily. Restart konqueror
23 and if the problem still persists, it's likely a wm issue. It's been a long
24 time since I used fluxbox so someone else will have to help you there :-)
27 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com