From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Weird portage behaviour
Date: Sun, 13 Apr 2014 21:00:20
1 Hello list, me again :-(
2
3 (Apologies if I'm trying your patience - my own is wearing pretty thin.)
4
5 I've discovered a problem in portage on the same Atom mini-server as I've
6 mentioned here recently.
7
8 # emerge -epv world
9 --->8
10 Total: 329 packages (329 reinstalls), Size of downloads: 595,566 kB
11
12 # emerge -epvk world
13 --->8
14 Total: 240 packages (240 reinstalls, 240 binaries), Size of downloads: 0 kB
15
16 # emerge -epv world > list
17 # emerge -epvk world > listk
18 # diff list listk
19
20 ...merely shows the contents of list, then the contents of listk, so clearly
21 the packages are being evaluated in a different order.
22
23 # find /usr/portage/packages -type f | wc
24 330 330 17879
25 (The extra file is /usr/portage/packages/Packages, i.e. not a portage package.)
26
27 # alias emerge
28 -bash: alias: emerge: not found
29
30 How is it possible for portage to emerge packages differently when it's
31 installing from packages?
34 Regards
35 Peter