From: Jan Seeger <jan.seeger@×××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Warning: locale not supported by Xlib, locale set to C
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2008 08:11:26
1 At Mon, 21 Jul 2008 08:02:58 +0200,
2 Miernik wrote:
3 > Anyway, why is this we have to choose a territory for our language, I do
4 > not live in any english-speaking territory, nor it is Denmark, and I
5 > don't want to put on my computer on what territory I live, as it is none
6 > of it's business. Couldn't there be something like POSIX.UTF-8 locale,
7 > or maybe make the POSIX locale be UTF-8 by default? Or C.UTF-8
8 > I would be very happy not having to put any specific country in the
9 > settings of my computer.
10
11 Why? Are you planning on moving?^^ But have you tried POSIX.UTF-8?
12 Because it sounds sensible, and thus could be already implemented.
13
14 > And ordering of date - what does that have to do with territory and
15 > language? I don't care what territory has what ordering commonly used -
16 > I want to have it in form 2008-07-19, is there a way to do it?
17
18 That's just a shortcut, so you don't have to set every setting
19 explicitly. If you want, just set the respective LC_* variables, for
20 example LC_TIME for the right time format.
21 --
22 Four bits at a time
23 www.thenybble.de