From: Alan McKinnon <alan@××××××××××××××××.za>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Iptables
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2007 11:14:17
1 On Thursday 18 January 2007 17:58, Fabrício L. Ribeiro wrote:
2 > How can I install and run iptables (with conntrack and all other
3 > modules) in a Gentoo 2006.1 box with kernel generated by genkernel?
4 >
5 > I tried "emerge iptables", but when I type "iptables -F" I get
6 > something like this:
7 >
8 > FATAL: Module ip_tables not found.
9 > iptables v1.3.5: can't initialize iptables table `filter': iptables
10 > who? (do you need to insmod?)
11 > Perhaps iptables or your kernel needs to be upgraded.
12
13 genkernel uses a standard .config the first time you use it on a kernel
14 version. In the kernel sources, all the netfilter options are disabled
15 by default, and you MUST enable them via menuconfig.
16
17 Did you perhaps omit this step?
18
19 alan