From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] format for eix-sync
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2008 21:16:49
1 On Monday 17 March 2008, Chuck Robey wrote:
2 > I was reading in the eix man page about eix-sync, and it gave about a
3 > million options, but nowhere did I see if give a useable format for
4 > the options, I wanted to have a option line setting
5 > but I couldn't tell if it was like
6 >
7 > PRINT_SLOTS=yes or
8 > PRINT_SLOTS yes or
9 > PRINT_SLOTS="yes" or
10 > PRINT_SLOTS "yes"
11 >
12 > There are other permutations. Howcome the man page doesn't give
13 > something as obvious as that? Darn huge man page, after I initially
14 > found the PRINT_SLOTS defintion, it took me 10 more minutes to find
15 > out that it was supposed to go into /etc/eix-sync. It gives a great
16 > amoount of info, but maybe it could stand some better organization,
17 > to let things get found.
18
19 The format is none of those :-) It actually looks like this:
20
21 alan@nazgul ~/movies $ sudo eix --dump | grep SLOT
22 DIFF_NO_SLOTS='false'
23 FORMAT_BEFORE_SLOT_IUSE='\n\t\{(blue)'
24 FORMAT_AFTER_SLOT_IUSE='()\}'
25 COLOR_SLOTS='red,1'
26 COLORED_SLOTS='true'
27 COLON_SLOTS='false'