From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Radeon HD 4350 benchmark
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2011 04:12:16
1 Ok,
2
3 so I have this card in pretty much equal AMD64 systems:
4 ATI Technologies Inc RV710 [Radeon HD 4350].
5
6 One system is running ATI drivers and the video game
7 I use to test performance is bzflag; it runs just fine.
8
9 The second system had an ATI X1900 card but was replace
10 with an identical card as the system above (HD 4350).
11 I followed the gentoo guides on this migration from ATI
12 to Radeon driver, but could have muck things up.
13 BZflag runs so slow it get's about every frame. glxgears
14 has a score of 80 with the radeon driver and a kms
15 kernel.
16
17 When booting (drm RV710) microcode takes about a full minute
18 to load. Strangely long, but it boots and kde is fine. I turned
19 off nepomuk services. Both systems use hal, if that makes
20 any difference...
21
22 eselect mesa list
23 64bit i915 (Intel 915, 945)
24 64bit i965 (Intel 965, G/Q3x, G/Q4x)
25 64bit r300 (Radeon R300-R500)
26 [1] classic *
27 [2] gallium
28 64bit r600 (Radeon R600-R700, Evergreen)
29 [1] classic *
30 [2] gallium
31 64bit sw (Software renderer)
32 [1] classic
33 [2] gallium *
34 32bit i915 (Intel 915, 945)
35 [1] classic *
36 [2] gallium
37 32bit i965 (Intel 965, G/Q3x, G/Q4x)
38 [1] classic *
39 [2] gallium
40 32bit r300 (Radeon R300-R500)
41 [1] classic
42 [2] gallium *
43 32bit r600 (Radeon R600-R700, Evergreen)
44 [1] classic *
45 [2] gallium
46 32bit sw (Software renderer)
47 [1] classic
48 [2] gallium *
51 There is not xorg.conf file being used, so maybe
52 I need a minimal xorg.conf to get 3D acceleration
53 working?
54
55 Any benchmarks that run under both drivers that the
56 sytems both have 2G or ram on dual processor; one
57 is 2.4GHz the other is 2.2GHz otherwise identical.
58
59 I think I munge up the /lib/radeon part of setting up
60 the kernel (kms) for loading the microcode, but, I cannot
61 seem to fine a url or thread where instructions are
62 for that.... (even though I did find it over a week ago
63 in another thread).
64
65 In the kernel, under the Generic section, I have:
66 CONFIG_FW_LOADER=y
67 CONFIG_FIRMWARE_IN_KERNEL=y
68 CONFIG_EXTRA_FIRMWARE="radeon"
69 CONFIG_EXTRA_FIRMWARE_DIR="/lib/firmware"
70
71 Correct?
72
73 Ideas?