From: "Anthony G. Basile" <basile@××××××××××××××.edu>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Moving from old udev to eudev
Date: Sun, 04 Aug 2013 12:59:23
1 On 08/03/2013 10:56 PM, Walter Dnes wrote:
2 > On Fri, Aug 02, 2013 at 05:02:39AM +0300, Samuli Suominen wrote
3 >
4 >> Looking forward to lastrite sys-fs/eudev just like
5 >> sys-apps/module-init-tools already was removed as unnecessary later on.
6 >
7 > You want eudev removed, and Lennart Poettering wants udev on
8 > non-systemd systems dropped. Add those two items together, and we get
9 > systemd rammed down our throats...
10 >
11 > http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/systemd-devel/2012-August/006066.html
14 I have refrained from flamewars, but I want to reassure people, eudev
15 will not be dropped.
16
17 >> (Yes, udev on non-systemd systems is in our eyes a dead end, in case
18 >> you haven't noticed it yet. I am looking forward to the day when we
19 >> can drop that support entirely.)
24 Anthony G. Basile, Ph. D.
25 Chair of Information Technology
26 D'Youville College