From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How to set up claws mail
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2017 18:15:19
1 On Thursday, 19 October 2017 18:27:41 BST Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Thu, 19 Oct 2017 10:56:18 +0100, Peter Humphrey wrote:
3 > > Yes, I have all those set right. The first thing I did was to go
4 > > through all the Configuration dialogues and put values in.
5 >
6 > Screenshots please!
7
8 Could it be your mail provider is using OAUTH2 like Gmail does? If so you
9 will need to tweak Google's (your ISP's) security settings to allow non-OAuth
10 authentication mechanisms, or look into obtaining an OAuth token and use this
11 instead of your normal login passwd.
12
13 I'm somewhat thin on the details, but if this is the cause of your problem the
14 interwebs should provide steps to help with the particulars.
17 Regards,
18 Mick