From: gentoo-user@××××.de
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Black Screen of Death
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2019 23:31:10
1 [2019-07-18 23:29] jdm <jdm@××××××××××××.uk>
2 > Hi,
3 Hi,
4
5 > For the last 2 months I have been getting a problem where my machine
6 > locks and after 2 seconds goes to a black screen. The machine is then
7 > unusable, ctrl-alt-delete F1 or sys rescue keys do not work and you
8 > cannot remote login.
9 >
10 > I initially thought this was a problem with lxd but then experienced
11 > issue when just using Enlightenment desktop. I have switched to xfce4
12 > but still getting issue.
13 >
14 > It happens 2 to 3 times a week.
15 >
16 > There is nothing in logs (/var/log/messages).
17 >
18 > I upgraded BIOS a beginning of year so don't think it's that but have
19 > just upgraded again to see if that helps.
20 >
21 > Running ASUS Prime x470 Prime with ryzen 2700 and have upgraded kernel
22 > to latest stable when running emerge --update...
23 I'm not sure if it's still an issue with the 2nd gen cpus, but at least
24 with the first gen's I had lockups until I disabled the c-state
25 functionality in the UEFI. There was a previous thread on this list
26 discussing the issue which might be interesting if you haven't read it
27 yet [1].
28
29 [..]
30