From: "Zoltán Kócsi" <zoltan@××××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Blocked packages
Date: Thu, 22 May 2014 07:11:52
1 Hi,
2
3 I'm fairly new to Gentoo and I have a blocking issue which I don't
4 really understand.
5
6 I want to install some packages with docs but emerge tells me that it
7 can't do that. Quite interestingly it complains about blocked packages.
8
9 One of them is openrc and the other is linux-util. I don't want to
10 delete either one, and wisely so, because even emerge tells me that
11 they are part of my system profile and should not be deleted.
12
13 Now the actual questions I have are the following:
14
15 - Why does emerge complain about blocking packages when I want to
16 recompile a few *other* packages, already on the system and all I
17 want is their documentation created?
18
19 - If those two packages do indeed block each other, why are they in my
20 system profile, which was set up by Gentoo itself when I installed
21 the system?
22
23 - If they block each other, how did both get installed on the machine?
24
25 - Why do they block each other? As far as I could see, they are not
26 clashing, one is a SysV type init scripts and the 'rc' binary and the
27 other is all sorts of utilities and system management stuff.
28
29 Thanks,
30
31 Zoltan