From: Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
To: Gentoo Users List <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] Is /etc/localtime supposed to be a symlink or a copy?
Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2007 08:50:23
1 Before I file a bugreport/feature-request, is it just my machine, or
2 is it Gentoo? I remember when /etc/localtime used to be a symlink to a
3 file somewhere in /usr/share/zoneinfo/. When that file was updated, so
4 was your /etc/localtime (automatically).
5
6 Now it seems that /etc/localtime is a separate file. Fortunately, I
7 found out about this possibility in a discussion in the local linux
8 mailing list, and updated my /etc/localtime before the switchover.
9
10 Was this a concious decision, or is it a bug?
13 Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org> In linux /sbin/init is Job #1
14 --
15 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list