From: "Nelson
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-user] Totem / Gnome-Screensaver / Gnome-2.16 -Screensaver kicks in during movie
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2006 08:45:41
1 Disable the screensaver manually, perhaps? Do you need a screensaver on
2 a HTPC box?
3
4 Or check here
5 http://forums.fedoraforum.org/archive/index.php/t-41026.html
6 Using mplayer or Xine in the interim may be an option.
7
8 According to:
9 http://uwstopia.nl/blog/2006/12/disabling-the-screensaver
10 Totem *should* inhibit the screensaver.
11
12 Also, some more googling turned up this:
13 http://www.mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-22.html
14 A small extract from the above:
15 "You can also turn off DPMS from the Command Line, but this will not
16 survive a reboot.
17
18 $ xset -dpms
19
20 Using xset +dpms will turn it back on.
21
22 Another technique to try, which will turn off the screensaver:
23
24 $ xset s off
25
26 You may also combine the command to turn off DPMS and the screensaver:
27
28 $ xset -dpms s off"
29
30 Hope this helps :)
31
32 David
35 > -----Original Message-----
36 > From: Michael Sullivan [mailto:michael@××××××××××××.com]
37 > Sent: 21 December 2006 01:13
38 > To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
39 > Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Totem / Gnome-Screensaver / Gnome-2.16
40 > -Screensaver kicks in during movie