From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] jack-audio-connection-kit-0.100.0 ??
Date: Thu, 08 Sep 2005 22:31:44
1 On 9/8/05, Christoph Eckert <ce@×××××××××.de> wrote:
2 >
3 > > I see an ebuild for Jack-0.100.0 but I don't seem to be able to
4 > > build it on my AMD64 machine or on my P4 laptop. I do not see it
5 > > listed in /usr/portage/profiles/package.mask so I don't think it
6 > > should be unbuildable.
7 >
8 > on
9 >
10 > http://packages.gentoo.org/search/?sstring=jack-audio-connection-kit
11 >
12 > it seems that the package is only available for ppc.
15 > Best regards
18 Well, thanks. How bizarre! I guess I should learn how to write an
19 ebuild then. Jack is actually up to something like 0.100.5 so this is
20 getting pretty old at this point.
21
22 (15 minutes later...)
23
24 I just copied the ebuild to under /usr/local/portage and modified it
25 to suit me. emerge now finds but it doesn't build as it complains
26 about 'no maifest'. I also see some bug reports on line about this new
27 version breaking older Jack apps so maybe I'd better go slow here.
28
29 thanks,
30 Mark
34 Thanks,