From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How to easily find out what USE flags are redundant in make.conf and package.use?
Date: Sun, 02 Oct 2011 17:52:31
1 pk wrote:
2 > On 2011-10-02 10:44, Dale wrote:
3 >
4 >> How's that for a USE line? What does it look like if there is a USE
5 > Hm... this doesn't really answer the original question but I like to put
6 > my USE flags (in make.conf) in a list (alphabetized [using sort]) like this:
7 >
8 > USE="
9 > 3dnow
10 > 3dnowext
11 > a52
12 > aac
13 > -accessibility
14 > acl
15 > acpi
16 > ...
17 > "
18 >
19 > To me, that's easier to maintain and get an overview of...
20 >
21 > Best regards
22 >
23 > Peter K
27 Well, I used esue or something and my make.conf USE line now looks like
28 this:
29
30 USE="3dnow 3dnowext X a52 acpi alsa aml apng automount avahi \
31 bash-completion bzip2 cddb cdr chroot cleartype clucene corefonts
32 cups \
33 curl dbus declarative dri dvd dvdr embedded escreen esd exif \
34 ffmpeg fortran gif gimp gkrellm gnutls gphoto2 gtk hbci hddtemp \
35 ipv6 java javascript jbig jpeg2k justify kde libwww \
36 logrotate loop-aes mdnsresponder-compat melt mmx mmxext mng mp3 \
37 mplayer mysql nls nsplugin nvidia offensive ofx opengl parport pdf \
38 policykit ppds ppp qt3support qt4 sasl seamonkey \
39 semantic-desktop sift smp sse sse2 sse4a syslog tcl threads tiff tk \
40 truetype type1 udev usb vcd webkit wma wmf yahoo zeroconf -acl \
41 -bluetooth -branding -crypt -doc -dts -eds -fftw -gcj -gnome \
42 -jabber -jingle -ldap -musepack -openldap -oss -otr -sqlite \
43 -sqlite3 -theora -v41 -xulrunner"
44
45 So, I guess you put the \ on the end and indent the next line and it
46 sees it as one line.
47
48 I might also add that mine was in alphabetical order BEFORE I used euse
49 or whatever that was that did the chicken scratch up there.
50
51 Want to try it?
52
53 Dale