From: Albert Hopkins <marduk@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] IPtables question
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2007 21:01:50
1 On Wed, 2007-01-31 at 15:36 -0500, James Colby wrote:
2 > List members -
3 >
4 > I have a small home server that I have connected to the internet
5 > through a linksys router and cable modem. The linksys router is
6 > currently forwarding all ssh traffic to my gentoo box. What I would
7 > like to do is set up iptables to only allow ssh logins from a small
8 > number of internet hosts, and to reject and log all other ssh
9 > attempts. Can someone please help me out with this. All of the
10 > tutorials and documentation that I have found are setting up a fully
11 > functioning firewall / NAT / proxy, and I think that is a little
12 > overkill for my needs.s
13
14 If you don't want the whole iptables suite you might want to consider
15 good ole hosts.allow/hosts.deny as an alternative. They work fine with
16 sshd if you have tcpwrappers enabled.
20 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list