From: "J. Roeleveld" <joost@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] CUPS remote printing drives me crazy
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2018 03:14:02
1 On September 12, 2018 6:24:44 PM UTC, Heiko Baums <lists@××××××××××××.de> wrote:
2 >Am Wed, 12 Sep 2018 14:50:36 +0200
3 >schrieb Helmut Jarausch <jarausch@××××××.be>:
4 >
5 >> On one machine - called SERVER - I have a USB printer which works
6 >> just fine with CUPS.
7 >
8 >Just one maybe stupid question. Does this printer have Wifi support?
9 >
10 >Then it would be a lot easier. If you would disconnect this printer
11 >from the one PC and connect it to your network over Wifi then you
12 >probably would only need to configure your firewall.
13 >
14 >The printer would then be found automatically by CUPS.
15 >
16 >Heiko
17
18 Or simply via a network cable.
19 Wifi isn't the most reliable option.
22 Joost
23 --
24 Sent from my Android device with K-9 Mail. Please excuse my brevity.