From: Grant Edwards <grante@××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Howto share Linux swap partition with Windows XP
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2009 05:16:26
1 For reasons that probably aren't interesting, I needed to
2 eliminate the Windows XP swap file from the "C:" NTFS parition
3 of one of my multi-boot machines [no matter how cheap and fast
4 disks get, partitions still seem to fill up, and backups still
5 take too long].
6
7 That machine had a 2GB Linux swap partition. After googling for
8 a while, I found a very slick solution that lets Windows XP use
9 a Linux swap partition for swap/paging/vm/whatever-MS-calls-it:
10
11 http://db.bme.hu/~surprof/SwapFs-i/
12
13 Maybe others who do a lot of multi-booting all know about
14 swapfs, but my finding it took quite a bit of searching and
15 chasing down useless google hits. Next time I need to find it,
16 hopefully I'll be able to find this posting...
19 Grant