From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Yahoo and strange traffic.
Date: Sun, 15 Aug 2010 21:03:35
1 Hi folks,
2
3 I been noticing the past few weeks that something is communicating with
4 Yahoo at these addresses:
5
6 cs210p2.msg.sp1.yahoo.com
7
8 rdis.msg.vip.sp1.yahoo.com
9
10 I thought it was Kopete getting some info, profile pics maybe, from the
11 server. Thing is, it does this for a really long time. It is also
12 SENDING data as well. I have no idea why it is doing this or what it is
13 sending. I closed the Kopete app but the data still carries on. This
14 "transfer" has been going for a while now and the only way I can stop it
15 is to stop the network, wait a minute or two for it to time out and then
16 restart the network.
17
18 Anybody have any idea what the heck this is? Is Yahoo up to something?
19 Some new security issue that I haven't heard of?
20
21 Thanks.
22
23 Dale