From: john <jdm@××××××××××××.uk>
To: "gentoo-user@l.g.o" <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] radeon screen resolution
Date: Mon, 28 Dec 2015 09:11:35
1 Hello,
2
3 I have installed Gentoo on to another partition in order to use radeon
4 drivers for desktop instead of fglrx.
5
6 When I start my resolution is very small (1280x600) and only uses half
7 the screen. My max resolution is 1920*1080 so I have a big black border
8 around my screen. I can startx which works but cannot change the
9 resolution to anything bigger. GRUB splash uses full screen but when the
10 kernel loads it switches to small resolution.
11
12 The only thing I can think of which is causing this issue is UEFI. In
13 my other set (fglrx) up I have simple framebuffer enabled which works
14 when I set up resolution in grub default.
15
16 Strangely enough when I start system rescue cd in UEFI mode I get the
17 same problem with small resolution but not if I do not boot in UEFI
18 mode.
19
20 Anyone come across this or got this to work properly with radeon/UEFI?
21
22 Moral, don't use UEFI I guess but that's the future???????!!!!!!
23
24 John