From: Andrea Conti <alyf@××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] distcc cross-compiling for OSX
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2012 21:36:41
1 > Thanks for this link, I have read it before I write the post. Did I understand thr problem correct:
2 > I need a full OSX compatible toolchain !? So I download all Apple developer tools, compile
3 > it under my Gentoo box and add all header files which I used under OSX to my Linux box?
4
5 According to those instructions, for distcc use you only need cctools
6 and a compiler. You don't need any headers as the code distcc sends to
7 servers is preprocessed on the client.
8
9 You won't be able to cross-compile directly on the linux box (you're
10 missing headers, libraries and frameworks), but that should not be a
11 problem.
12
13 The OpenDarwin project died a long time ago, so odcctools is no more.
14 The source packages for cctools and apple's blend of gcc can be
15 downloaded from opensource.apple.com. I have no idea whether they
16 support building on Linux or not (especially cctools)...
17
18 andrea