From: Hans-Werner Hilse <hilse@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Useless error messages from iptables-restore
Date: Wed, 02 May 2007 08:59:38
1 Hi,
2
3 On Tue, 1 May 2007 22:38:27 -0400 waltdnes@××××××××.org wrote:
4
5 > The final remaining problem is with the 3 statements scattered
6 > through the rules...
7 >
8 > -A ICMP_IN -p icmp -m state --state NEW -j UNSOLICITED
9 > -A TCP_IN -p tcp -m state --state NEW -m tcp -j UNSOLICITED
10 > -A UDP_IN -p udp -m state --state NEW -j UNSOLICITED
11
12 Hm, do your other rules use connection state matching?
13
14 > This works on the main system, with a slightly older kernel. On
15 > the Dell, running 2.6.20-r7, I have a whole bunch of stuff enabled in
16 > the kernel, including...
17 > [...]
18
19 I'd suggest to enable all netfilter options -- as modules. Then see
20 which of them are being loaded when you restore your rules and then
21 according to that trim down your kernel configuration again.
22
23 My suspicion would be you're missing connectioin state matching support.
24
25 -hwh
26 --
27 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list