From: Jerry McBride <mcbrides9@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] CHOST question.
Date: Tue, 05 Feb 2008 14:44:09
1 On Tuesday 05 February 2008 09:18:17 am Benedikt Morbach wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > no, it would not.
5 > gcc would simply refuse to work, because CHOST="pentium4-pc-linux-gnu"
6 > is not a valid CHOST.
7 > CHOST describes the platform you build on. For optimizations take a
8 > look at CFLAGS.
11 Where do I find a list of valid chosts? I've been digging since my first post
12 and the Gentoo Handbook on this page says:
13
14 http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/handbook/draft/complete/handbook.xml?part=2&chap=5
15
16 <QUOTE>
17 # info gcc
18 Select GCC Command Options,
19 Submodel Options,
20 and pick your architecture.
21 <UNQUOTE>
22
23 On the submodel page for i386, it clearly lists the pentium4...
24
25 My question is, what difference in performance would this change make?
26
27 Thank you, for the post.
34 From the Desk of: Jerome D. McBride
35 --