From: "Timothy A. Holmes" <tholmes@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-user] Reconstructing a Gentoo Installer Computer
Date: Wed, 31 May 2006 18:57:59
1 Ra
4 > -----Original Message-----
5 > From: Ryan Tandy [mailto:tarpman@×××××.com]
6 > Sent: Wednesday, May 31, 2006 2:08 PM
7 > To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
8 > Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Reconstructing a Gentoo Installer Computer
9 >
10 > Timothy A. Holmes wrote:
11 > > I have read the wiki document about the USE flags, and I refer to
12 that
13 > > chart routinely as I am trying to construct these statements.
14 > >
15 > > http://www.gentoo.org/dyn/use-index.xml
16 > >
17 > > This is the document that I have been using, if there is a better
18 one
19 > > available on the web, I am quite open to using it, if someone can
20 please
21 > > send me a link.
22 >
23 > Don't restrict yourself to wikis and web-based information. The best
24 > portage and emerge manuals are exactly that - the portage and emerge
25 > manuals.
26 >
27 > $ man 5 portage
28 > $ man 1 emerge
29 > $ man 5 make.conf
30 >
31 > Once you've thoroughly read and understood all three of those, come
32 back
33 > here.
34 > --
35 > gentoo-user@g.o mailing list
36
37 [Timothy A. Holmes]
38
39 Ryan - -
40
41 Thanks for the links -
42
43 Is that info also accessable on the web some place, since I cant print
44 from linux based systems, and especially cant under the live CD?
45
46 I will be most interested to read it, but the manpage reader is horrible
47 to try to work from
48
49 TIM
54 Timothy A. Holmes
55 IT Manager / Network Admin / Web Master / Computer Teacher
56
57 Medina Christian Academy
58 A Higher Standard...
59