From: Colleen Beamer <colleen.beamer@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Perseverance reaps rewards
Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2012 20:50:05
1 Happy New Year All,
2
3 I hope you all had a happy holiday. Oddly enough, this e-mail isn't to
4 request assistance although I did post this problem quite a while back
5 and was not able to resolve it.
6
7 Ever since I got my new desktop computer slightly over a year ago, I
8 have been trying to set up a connection in Open Office Base to a MySQL
9 data base. I couldn't get it working with ODBC. I had this working on
10 my laptop, so it wasn't a huge issue not to have it on my desktop, but
11 hey, I'm stubborn so, periodically, when I did a sync to my computer, I
12 would try again. Yesterday, I decided to try it using JDBC.
13 Admittedly, I had some issues, but googled and finally got all things
14 resolved so I now have the connection set up in OO Base. I also learned
15 a few things so perhaps now I could even get the ODBC connection working
16 if I wanted to.
17
18 I'm not a "techy", just what you might call a "power user". Just goes
19 to show you that even an old bat like me can run Linux which is why I
20 will never believe that Linux is too hard to learn .... for some maybe
21 so, but if you have the desire to learn, you can do it, IMHO! :-)
22
23 Anyway, that's all I have to say.
24
25 Regards,