From: Harry Putnam <reader@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] [OT virtual stuff] gentoo vm appliance
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2011 21:54:11
1 The times I've tried to get a recent gentoo version running in a vm on
2 windows turned out to be labor taking days to get right.
3
4 Does anyone know if there is a fairly current gentoo appliance
5 somewhere that I can just install and then update or customize?
6
7 I'd prefer to run it with vbox but if the appliance is vmware created
8 that's ok too. I do have a license up to 6.5.
9
10 If that isn't available maybe someone has a fairly current kernel
11 config that is known to boot on a windows host with guest gentoo.
12
13 As I recall from my efforts, there were always problems with something
14 to do with scuzzi drivers or whatnot.