From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Do we have to build gcc with fortran now?
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2011 16:23:36
1 On Wed, 22 Jun 2011 17:54:49 +0200, Alan McKinnon wrote:
2
3 > > > Use a directory for package.use, it makes it far easier to
4 > > > manage. All of /etc/portage/package.* are directories here.
5 > >
6 > > I have done that for package.keywords and unmask. In ways it is
7 > > easier but in ways, it is a nightmare. If something is unmasked, I
8 > > have to go find the file that unmasked it. I have several since I
9 > > use autounmask for most of it. Then add in that the new autounmask
10 > > part of emerge seems to pick a random file to add too. At that
11 > > point, not much makes sense anymore.
12
13 > grep is your very very good friend
14
15 So is giving the files sensible names :)
19 Neil Bothwick
20
21 C&W music backward: get yer dog, wife, job, truck, kids, and sobriety
22 back.