From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] mythdvd on Gentoo?
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2008 08:40:45
1 On Wed, 18 Jun 2008 17:24:40 -0700, Mark Knecht wrote:
2
3 > I assumed Myth could just play a movie from the disc but it seems like
4 > possibly it wants to rip first?
5
6 As I understand it, MythTV can play DVDs, although I've never tried it. I
7 only use MythDVD to rip discs.
8
9 > Are you able to play DVD's without ripping them? If so maybe I'm
10 > missing some other module? mythvideo possibly?
11
12 You need mythvideo to play the files ripped from DVDs, but not to play
13 direct AFAIK.
17 Neil Bothwick
18
19 I am Speedy Gonzales of Borg: Prepare to be accelerated!