From: Michael Trausch <mike@×××××××.us>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] UEFI Advice
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2012 17:57:26
1 You can still do things the "now" way, but only because current EFI systems
2 provide either a BIOS compatibility interface (e.g., emulate the BIOS) or
3 have an actual BIOS that it loads before executing a system that requires
4 it.
5
6 You should move to GPT, though, since you then get unlimited (practically
7 speaking) partitions and support for media larger than 2TB. But, keep your
8 old system around, in case you need to roll back to it. Buggy EFI
9 implementations are still somewhat common.