From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] emerge libtdi w/ USE=python requires swig
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2015 22:36:16
1 On 29/06/2015 22:00, Grant Edwards wrote:
2 > After futzing around for a while installing and re-installing
3 > different versions of libftdi trying to get python support installed,
4 > I finally noticed that building libftdi python support requires swig.
5 > I didn't have swig installed and the ebuild apparently doesn't have it
6 > as a dependency.
7 >
8 > Is the requirement to have swig installed when requesting python
9 > support for certain libraries something you're "just supposed to
10 > know", or should it be a dependency in the libftdi ebuild?
14 The latter, and it's a bug that should be reported.
15
16 It happens often, mostly due to dev oversight (he already has the dep
17 installed so nothing gets triggered).
20 Alan McKinnon
21 alan.mckinnon@×××××.com