From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Cc: dhk <dhkuhl@×××××××××.net>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: ALSA - Still No Sound
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2011 13:51:59
1 On Wed, Mar 30, 2011 at 2:37 AM, dhk <dhkuhl@×××××××××.net> wrote:
2 <SNIP>
3 >
4 > Another update.  It seem all I need to do to get sound back is run
5 > alsaconf (take all the defaults) and reboot.  I'm not sure why it stops
6 > working after two or three reboots, but if I run alsaconf again and
7 > reboot it's back.  It never works right after alsaconf, it always needs
8 > a reboot.  It would be nice if the sound state didn't get lost, but at
9 > least I can get it back.  I'd also wouldn't mind knowing why it happens.
10 >
11 > Thanks,
12 > dhk
13
14 Does it really need a reboot, or does (as root)
15
16 /etc/init.d/alsasound restart
17
18 get it going?