From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] Installing adobe flash on 64bit arch
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2010 00:09:40
1 I see in the amd64 FAQs this:
2 ==============================
3 Can I get Adobe Flash working?
4 Yes. Just emerge adobe-flash. Adobe has provided a 64-bit Flash
5 plugin starting with version 10.0.22.87. If you don't need the 32-bit
6 plugin, then run echo "www-plugins/adobe-flash -32bit" >>
7 /etc/portage/package.use. This will install only the 64-bit Flash
8 plugin.
10
11 So that I am clear, why would I want to install flash with both the
12 32bit and 64bit USE flags? If there is no reason for both flags, then
13 should I be disabling the 32bit globally or are there other
14 circumstances that mean I should only set it so for this package?
15 --
16 Regards,
17 Mick