From: Gunnar Wrobel <wrobel@g.o>
To: gentoo-web-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-web-user] Upstream requirements for web-apps
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2006 07:40:54
Renat Lumpau <rl03@g.o> writes:

> We need to be able, yes. Realistically speaking, if I disappear, that would > require someone else spending more time on bug-fixing. Nowadays it's not too bad > - we're talking maybe 1-5 version bumps and a couple of bugs a week. Is there > anyone willing to take on that responsibility?
I'll certainly take a share of that. I won't have the same speed as you, but it should be possible to do about 50% of that.
> I'm still unconvinced that security requirements meet a real need. We don't > currently have any outstanding security issues (perhaps with the exception of > phpBB and mantisbt, both of which have active upstreams yet can't get their act > together wrt security, and both are p-masked).
Ok, agreed. But to have the information you collected on the dev wiki is certainly a good thing that we should continue with apps we add to the tree.
> All great ideas. layman would be great - any idea when you'll release? Have you > checked with other devs if they're aware of or are developing something similar?
The version available from my overlay does work. But I still need to write a man page, collect a list of overlays and do some minor fixes. List of stuff I still want to do is here: Maybe in 2 weeks? Regards, Gunnar -- Gunnar Wrobel Gentoo Developer __________________C_o_n_t_a_c_t__________________ Mail: wrobel@g.o WWW: IRC: #gentoo-web at _________________________________________________