From: Stuart Herbert <Stuart.Herbert@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-web-user@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-web-user] Java Script Libraries
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2006 09:50:39
Mmm ... what are you trying to achieve here?

a) /usr/share/js isn't served by any of our standard webserver installs;
files you place in here aren't downloadable
b) web-based apps will expect the javascript libraries to sit in a
specific location under the htdocs directory
c) different web-based apps will ship different versions of javascript
d) sooner or later, web-based apps will ship javascript libraries with
their own modifications. we already get that behaviour with apps that
ship bundled PEAR packages.
e) The Gentoo philosophy is to remain as close to upstream as possible.
Because we're a meta-distribution, and not a traditional distribution
like Red Hat, the only time we try and change what UPSTREAM does is when
we absolutely have to.

I don't think we need to do anything here.

Best regards,