From: kloeri@g.o
To: gentoo-web-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-web-user] using portage to build mod_fastcgi with apache2
Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2005 23:56:28
1 On Sun, Oct 30, 2005 at 06:11:00PM -0500, matt wilbert wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > I have apache2 built via portage and running on an Opteron-based Gentoo
5 > 2.6.11 system.
6 >
7 > I want to use mod_fastcgi to run an application behind Apache2. However,
8 > when I emerge --pretend mod_fastcgi, portage says it wants to build Apache
9 > 1.3 as part of the process. I find it hard to believe this is what I want.
10 > Am I wrong? If not, how can I make portage do what I want?
11 >
12 > Thank you,
13 >
14 > Matt Wilbert
15 Make sure you have USE=apache2 enabled.
16
17 Regards,
18 Bryan Østergaard
19 --