From: Dave Strydom <strydom.dave@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-web-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-web-user] using portage to build mod_fastcgi with apache2
Date: Tue, 01 Nov 2005 14:38:05
1 just out of interest, what is the benefits of using fastcgi ?
5 On 10/31/05, matt wilbert <matt.wilbert@×××××.com> wrote:
6 >
7 > That was it. I probably should have been able to figure that out, but I
8 > didn't.
9 >
10 > Thanks a lot,
11 >
12 > Matt Wilbert
13 >
14 > On 10/30/05, kloeri@g.o <kloeri@g.o> wrote:
15 > >
16 > > On Sun, Oct 30, 2005 at 06:11:00PM -0500, matt wilbert wrote:
17 > > > Hi,
18 > > >
19 > > > I have apache2 built via portage and running on an Opteron-based
20 > > Gentoo
21 > > > 2.6.11 system.
22 > > >
23 > > > I want to use mod_fastcgi to run an application behind Apache2.
24 > > However,
25 > > > when I emerge --pretend mod_fastcgi, portage says it wants to build
26 > > Apache
27 > > > 1.3 as part of the process. I find it hard to believe this is what I
28 > > want.
29 > > > Am I wrong? If not, how can I make portage do what I want?
30 > > >
31 > > > Thank you,
32 > > >
33 > > > Matt Wilbert
34 > > Make sure you have USE=apache2 enabled.
35 > >
36 > > Regards,
37 > > Bryan Østergaard
38 > > --