From: Arnau Bria <arnau@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-xbox@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-xbox] Newbie user, first boot hang...
Date: Sun, 07 Jan 2007 20:57:45
1 Hi!
2
3 I'm new to list, and new to xbox world. This Xmas my brother has gift
4 me a modified Xbox, and my first idea is to install gentoo on it.
5
6 So, I'm following http://gentoo-wiki.com/Gentoo_for_Xbox.
7
8 I'm reading the guide, but I have few question cause I know nothing
9 about my new gift (chip installed, BIOS, etc..).
10
11 I just know that I must start my box pressing the button for some
12 seconds, and an orange led is on, and then, appears "EVO-X", so I
13 suppose this is the chip version.
14
15 Doing a quick search on google, I found that is possible to boot
16 linux with that chip.
17 So, I've changed the HD to new formated one with 80GB of space.
18
19 I have downloaded livecd-xbox-20050914.iso burned and instered it into
20 the xbox, and the only thing I see is this:
21
22 26 2005 - http://xbox-linux.sf.net
23 2002 Xbox Linux Team . Licensed under the GPL
24
25 Then, it hangs...
26
27 So, here are my questions:
30 1.-) How may I know all xbox info needed? (BIOS version and type etc...)
31 Most docs talk about that some steps might be different depending on
32 the xbox "version"...
33
34 2.-) Do I have to change the HD to original one?
35
36 3.-) May I have a complet boot with EVO-X and that iso? Is my
37 problem a known one? (found nothing on a quick google search)
40 Thanks in advance,
41 Arnau
42 --
43 gentoo-xbox@g.o mailing list