From: Arnau Bria <arnau@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-xbox@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-xbox] Newbie user, first boot hang...
Date: Sun, 07 Jan 2007 20:57:45

I'm new to list, and new to xbox world. This Xmas my brother has gift
me a modified Xbox, and my first idea is to install gentoo on it.

So, I'm following

I'm reading the guide, but I have few question cause I know nothing
about my new gift (chip installed, BIOS, etc..).

I just know that I must start my box pressing the button for some
seconds, and an orange led is on, and then, appears "EVO-X", so I
suppose this is the chip version.

Doing a quick search on google, I found that is possible to boot
linux with that chip.
So, I've changed the HD to new formated one with 80GB of space.

I have downloaded livecd-xbox-20050914.iso burned and instered it into
the xbox, and the only thing I see is this:

26 2005 -
2002 Xbox Linux Team . Licensed under the GPL

Then, it hangs...

So, here are my questions:

1.-) How may I know all xbox info needed? (BIOS version and type etc...)
Most docs talk about that some steps might be different depending on
the xbox "version"...

2.-) Do I have to change the HD to original one?

3.-) May I have a complet boot with EVO-X and that iso? Is my
problem a known one? (found nothing on a quick google search)

Thanks in advance,
gentoo-xbox@g.o mailing list

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-xbox] Newbie user, first boot hang... Dustin Reeves <scribebox@×××××.com>