From: Dustin Reeves <scribebox@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-xbox@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-xbox] Newbie user, first boot hang...
Date: Mon, 08 Jan 2007 00:54:58
1 ok buddy, sounds like you have a modchip installed (probably a duoX 512.. by
2 the sound of it.. holding the power button, etc.)
3
4 as far as identifying your chip TAKE THAT SUCKER APART :), take a picture,
5 post it , we will figure it out, to figure out your bios, well, youve
6 already told me quite a bit, sounds like your running an evox m8 bios,
7 which. is pretty crappy for linux, what you would probably want to do, is
8 either a) run a loopback filesystem on a fatx partition of your harddrive,
9 or b) flash your modchip with the cromwell bios :s (kind of the more
10 extreme, as it wont allow you to play xbox games anymore)
11
12 anyway..
13
14 and no, you dont have to change the harddrive, and i dont understand
15 question 3.
16
17 -dustin reeves
18