From: Arnau Bria <arnau@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-xbox@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-xbox] Newbie user, first boot hang...
Date: Mon, 08 Jan 2007 10:01:47
On Sun, 7 Jan 2007 18:54:22 -0600
Dustin Reeves wrote:

> ok buddy, sounds like you have a modchip installed (probably a duoX > 512.. by the sound of it.. holding the power button, etc.) > > as far as identifying your chip TAKE THAT SUCKER APART :), take a > picture, post it , we will figure it out, to figure out your bios,
Ok, will do tonight.
> well, youve already told me quite a bit, sounds like your running an > evox m8 bios, which. is pretty crappy for linux, what you would > probably want to do, is either >a) run a loopback filesystem on a fatx partition of your harddrive, or >b) flash your modchip with the cromwell bios :s (kind of the more >extreme, as it wont allow you to play xbox games anymore)
Well, don't really care about that, I just play MAME on XBOX...
> anyway.. > > and no, you dont have to change the harddrive, and i dont understand > question 3.
:-) sorry... but don't worry, you've answered all my questions.
Cheers, Arnau -- Arnau Bria Wiggum: Dispara a las ruedas Lou. Lou: eee, es un tanque jefe. Wiggum: Me tienes hartito con todas tus excusas. -- gentoo-xbox@g.o mailing list