From: Brian O'Connor <gatzby3jr@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-xbox@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-xbox] X Modelines
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2008 18:59:07
1 Hello,
2
3 I'm not sure how many people still belogn to this list or if anyone can help
4 me, but I'm gonna try anyway. I've recently installed Gentoo on to my xbox
5 (a very frustrating process, but I've gotten mostly there).There is one last
6 obstacle standing in my way: X is not working properly. Instead of going
7 into the 640x480 resolution that I desire for my tv, it will only give me
8 1152x768, which obviously is unusable on my tv.
9
10 This is the same problem encountered here: http://legacy.not404.com/node/41
11
12 In order to get the x to even work, I had to use the patch on the bottom fo
13 that page.
14
15 I fixed this once, for one night by following the Gentoox installer script
16 (not verbatim, but the concepts) for xorg. (I'd link it but Im at work and
17 they blocked that site, but can be found by going to
18 http://shallax.com:2000/b0x I believe).
19
20 To preface a few things: I want to use gentoo. I don't want to use gentoox
21 or xfedora or xebian. This is a hobby of mine and would like to see it to
22 the end. I know it can work, and I intend to get it there.
23
24 After I got it working the first time, I installed some unrelated thigns
25 (off the top of my head): bazaar, linux-headers, alsa, lirc, mednafen, maybe
26 one or two more but all unrelated I believe.
27
28 Any advice would be greatly appreciated and if you need more info just ask
29 and I'll provide it.
30
31 Thanks!
32 Brian