From: Curtis Napier <curtis119@g.o>
To: www-redesign@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [www-redesign] Slight Color Problem on Gentoo Handbook
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2005 06:20:18
1 Chris Case wrote:
2 > After going through everything, I've found that there is a slight color
3 > problem with the handbook. On the five computers I have (mixture of LCD
4 > and CRT) the yellow of the 'Important' blocks of text is almost
5 > completely unreadable to me. I would think this is a problem for
6 > colorblind people as well. I know it is for the visually impared people
7 > I've had looking at the site. (Which, I will comment, they enjoy the
8 > current version much better than previous incarnations. The Ads are
9 > still an issue, but I understand it's out of your control.)
10
11 Thanks for bringing this up, it has been on my ToDo list forever.
12
13 I need a new color for this and for Note. Note is currently the green
14 and I think that may be overusing the green a bit to much.
15
16 Good, I'm glad to hear the current version is going over well for your
17 color blind friends. I agree about the ads, they stand out and are
18 distracting but as far as I know we have no control over that.
21 > So, is there any other color that could be used? Even having a grey
22 > background under the text would help... but I'm not sure how you'd want
23 > to do this.... instead I'm just goint to point, and say, "Fix it!!" :-p ;-)
24
25 We already have red for warning and blue for code, I'll try out a few
26 combinations and post the ones I think look best. If anyone has any
27 suggestions please post them. I'll try a grey background and see how
28 that looks but I want it to be consistant so it should be for note and
29 warning too.
32 www-redesign@g.o mailing list