From: Curtis Napier <curtis119@g.o>
To: www-redesign@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [www-redesign] Slight Color Problem on Gentoo Handbook
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2005 06:20:18
Chris Case wrote:
> After going through everything, I've found that there is a slight color > problem with the handbook. On the five computers I have (mixture of LCD > and CRT) the yellow of the 'Important' blocks of text is almost > completely unreadable to me. I would think this is a problem for > colorblind people as well. I know it is for the visually impared people > I've had looking at the site. (Which, I will comment, they enjoy the > current version much better than previous incarnations. The Ads are > still an issue, but I understand it's out of your control.)
Thanks for bringing this up, it has been on my ToDo list forever. I need a new color for this and for Note. Note is currently the green and I think that may be overusing the green a bit to much. Good, I'm glad to hear the current version is going over well for your color blind friends. I agree about the ads, they stand out and are distracting but as far as I know we have no control over that.
> > So, is there any other color that could be used? Even having a grey > background under the text would help... but I'm not sure how you'd want > to do this.... instead I'm just goint to point, and say, "Fix it!!" :-p ;-)
We already have red for warning and blue for code, I'll try out a few combinations and post the ones I think look best. If anyone has any suggestions please post them. I'll try a grey background and see how that looks but I want it to be consistant so it should be for note and warning too. -- www-redesign@g.o mailing list