From: Sven Vermeulen <swift@g.o>
To: www-redesign@××××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [www-redesign] new guide layout and updated about and news - jan 10
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2005 11:51:05
1 On Mon, Jan 10, 2005 at 08:22:04PM -0800, Michael Curtis Napier wrote:
2 > I put a guide page together. Actually 4 versions of it. I centered the
3 > jumppad and have versions with/without the #whygentoo and jumppad.
4 > Please look them all over and give some feedback. I also put together a
5 > different layout for the about page and the news page. I tested these
6 > in IE6, opera, khtml, safari and gecko and so far so good. And of
7 > course everything passes the w3c validator exept for the <form>
8 > navigation javascript in the guide page. We can worry about that later.
9
10 My personal interest for the choices:
11
12 about-v1 but without the search box. Chances are we won't have search
13 functionality anyway.
14
15 gentoo-upgrading-v4, without the search box, and with a different table. I
16 appreciate the use of a larger (more "browser-defined") font-size.
17
18 20041021-portage51-v1, news items should still use the top bar imho.
19
20 Wkr,
21 Sven Vermeulen
24 Documentation & PR project leader