From: Sven Vermeulen <swift@g.o>
To: www-redesign@××××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [www-redesign] new guide layout and updated about and news - jan 10
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2005 11:51:05
On Mon, Jan 10, 2005 at 08:22:04PM -0800, Michael Curtis Napier wrote:
> I put a guide page together. Actually 4 versions of it. I centered the > jumppad and have versions with/without the #whygentoo and jumppad. > Please look them all over and give some feedback. I also put together a > different layout for the about page and the news page. I tested these > in IE6, opera, khtml, safari and gecko and so far so good. And of > course everything passes the w3c validator exept for the <form> > navigation javascript in the guide page. We can worry about that later.
My personal interest for the choices: about-v1 but without the search box. Chances are we won't have search functionality anyway. gentoo-upgrading-v4, without the search box, and with a different table. I appreciate the use of a larger (more "browser-defined") font-size. 20041021-portage51-v1, news items should still use the top bar imho. Wkr, Sven Vermeulen -- Documentation & PR project leader The Gentoo Project <<< >>>