From: Blackace <blackace@g.o>
To: www-redesign@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [www-redesign] status of http://wwwredesign.gentoo.org
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2005 06:29:48
1 On Wed, 2005-12-14 at 06:06 +0100, Sven Vermeulen wrote:
2 > I deliberately didn't use images because the handbook is read by many using
3 > a console browser (links/lynx) since the document contains installation
4 > instructions (and no graphical browser is available during the
5 > installation).
6
7 links2 with framebuffer support has been available on our installcds for
8 a long time now. And whether people use links2's graphics mode or text
9 mode is irrelevant since we can keep the less-than and greater-than
10 symbols in the img element's alt attribute, which both links2 and lynx
11 display in the place of an image.
14 Blackace
15 Gentoo Linux
16 Infrastructure Developer