From: Blackace <blackace@g.o>
To: www-redesign@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [www-redesign] status of
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2005 06:29:48
On Wed, 2005-12-14 at 06:06 +0100, Sven Vermeulen wrote:
> I deliberately didn't use images because the handbook is read by many using > a console browser (links/lynx) since the document contains installation > instructions (and no graphical browser is available during the > installation).
links2 with framebuffer support has been available on our installcds for a long time now. And whether people use links2's graphics mode or text mode is irrelevant since we can keep the less-than and greater-than symbols in the img element's alt attribute, which both links2 and lynx display in the place of an image. -- Blackace Gentoo Linux Infrastructure Developer