From: Michael Curtis Napier <curtis119@×××××.com>
To: www-redesign@l.g.o
Subject: [www-redesign] Site Map
Date: Tue, 24 May 2005 04:27:19
1 I started on the Site Map today. I am the coach of my oldest kid's
2 basketball team and we had practice today so I couldn't put as much
3 time into it as I had hoped. I have the Documentation section to a
4 workable point. I'm not going any further with this until I get some
5 feedback.
6
7 The Site Map is an index to the entire gentoo site. Part of this
8 redesign is to "redesign" the way the site is layed out. Not just
9 visually but how the pages are grouped togeter as well.
10
11 I propose that each major category of the Site Map be a link to that
12 categories index. This index will be a short description of what you
13 can find in this category and a category index. In essence, each
14 category index is just the Site Map with actual content pages linked
15 from it. The category index will have no real information other than to
16 index it's contents.
17
18 Once I get some feedback on the layout of this map I will start
19 creating the rest of it and the individual category index's.
20
21 curtis119.no-ip.org
22
23 The Site Map is linked to in the upper right hand corner of each page.
24 It replaces the link to www.gentoo.org. The upper right gentoo logo
25 already takes you there anyway.
26 --
27 www-redesign@g.o mailing list