From: Ian Leitch <port001@g.o>
To: www-redesign@××××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [www-redesign] Current status
Date: Wed, 09 Mar 2005 02:35:25

Michael Curtis Napier wrote:
| I'm working on the xsl at the moment. I'm trying to recycle the
| existing guide.xsl but much of it will have to be changed to fit the
| new layout. I have the main index.xml working if anyone wants to look
| at it. The style sheet needs to be tweeked a little though.
| Some of the other pages work but the formatting isn't fixed. About, Get
| Gentoo and Social Contract(I added this to the jumppad). I'll be
| working on this all week and I'll give an update as it comes together.
| I have the handbook working a little but it's on a different virtual
| server. I'll try to integrate it into the main one by the end of this
| week so everyone can look (It's not very nice to look at at the
| moment).
| Aaron, are you planning on making this cascading stylesheet with multi
| .css files permanent? I think it would be easier if we consolidate it
| into one style sheet. Making a seperate style sheet for things like
| "about" and "socialcontract" and "docs" and "news" would make things to
| complicated when we could have one single css file that controlled
| every page. A seperate one for "print" may be OK though. Thoughts
| anyone?

Glad to hear someone is working on the xsl. Once you have something and
Aaron has some CSS for me to use, i'll start working on the design. All I can say is that it's going to be a fun
job getting the layout looking right...

One problem I've noticed with this design is that we loose our quick
links in the footer like on forums.g.o, could we fit them in there

Ian Leitch
Version: GnuPG v1.4.0 (GNU/Linux)