From: Stefan Huszics <sauron@×××××××.se>
To: www-redesign@××××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [www-redesign] Comments on Gentoo redesign
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2005 12:34:29
Xavier Neys wrote:

> Please do not assume some text will always be as short as you think. > For instance, displaying a date in a narrow column is a bad idea. Some > will be > wider than you think (different languages, different formats, >
Just out of interest, why not stick to using the internationally accepted YYYY-MM-DD format everywhere? Of course page layout should preferably not break whatever format is used, I just don't understand why people continue to use different (often ambiguous) formats when a perfectly good standard exists. Am I missing something obvious?