From: Curtis Napier <curtis119@g.o>
To: www-redesign@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [www-redesign] status of
Date: Sat, 10 Dec 2005 04:20:10
Xavier Neys wrote:
> > I posted a few comments with screen caps at > >
This is 11 points, I'll address them in order: 1.1 previously fixed. 1.2 changed it to 6 news items. I was following Aarons layout when I created the More News page. It shows all the old news right back to the beginning instead of just a few old ones. I can easily change it to have only a few older news items follow the 6 main ones with just a title that is clickable. What does everyone think of this? I like the More News personally but it makes no difference to me. 1.3 fixed 2. This design/layout does not lend itself very well to font resizing. It has layered divs that are fixed sizes in order to make it look good at the default font. Pumping up the font to 120% ("Larger" in IE) at 800x600 is still a good layout. It's only when you size the font higher than that or make the window smaller that problems occur. At just a few pixels wider than 800 you can pump the font up to 150% ("Largest" in IE) without breaking the layout. Is anyone really going to be looking at it at such huge font sizes with such a tiny window? If you need to make the fonts 150% larger in order to see them you will most likely be making the window larger as well. I don't see a problem with it to be honest. What are some other opinions, suggestions, ideas on the subject? 3. fixed 4.1 fixed 4.2 The nav bar is within the /xsl/handbook.xsl file. I was told not to touch that file. I take your suggestion to change the nav bar as permission to touch it now. Swift, if you still want me to not touch the handbook let me know and I'll drop in the unchanged one. I have started experimenting with how to make that nav bar better, if anyone has any ideas let me know. 5. fixed (I think). What do you think of those? 6.1 fixed 6.2 fixed 7.1 same as 6.2 7.2 I changed the background color to white to match the reference design. The colored title is now more visible. Is this acceptable? 8. fixed 9. That table was being rendered by the glsa-latest template instead of the normal table template and wasn't adding "class="ntable", fixed. 10. fixed. 11. those borders weren't supposed to be there anyway. fixed in normal and print css files.
Changed this to the light purple. Check it out and give me some feedback.