From: Sven Vermeulen <swift@g.o>
To: www-redesign@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [www-redesign] Progress update
Date: Fri, 06 May 2005 22:23:07
On Wed, May 04, 2005 at 09:28:57PM -0700, Blackace wrote:
> Sven Vermeulen (Author), Daniel Robbins (Author), Chris Houser (Author), > Jerry Alexandratos (Author), Seemant Kulleen (Gentoo x86 Developer), > Tavis Ormandy (Gentoo Alpha Developer), Aron Griffis (Gentoo Alpha > Developer), Jason Huebel (Gentoo AMD64 Developer), Guy Martin (Gentoo > HPPA developer), Pieter Van den Abeele (Gentoo PPC developer), Joe > Kallar (Gentoo SPARC developer), John P. Davis (Editor), Pierre-Henri > Jondot (Editor), Eric Stockbridge (Editor), Rajiv Manglani (Editor), > Jungmin Seo (Editor), Stoyan Zhekov (Editor), Jared Hudson (Editor), > Colin Morey (Editor), Jorge Paulo (Editor), Carl Anderson (Editor), Jon > Portnoy (Editor), Zack Gilburd (Editor), Jack Morgan (Editor), Benny > Chuang (Editor), Erwin (Editor), Joshua Kinard (Editor), Tobias > Scherbaum (Editor), Grant Goodyear (Reviewer), Gerald J. Normandin Jr. > (Reviewer), Donnie Berkholz (Reviewer), Ken Nowack (Reviewer), Lars > Weiler (Contributor) > > That's a lot'a names :)
A bit shorter would be to group the Author/Editor/Translator/... so you only display that noun just once instead of at every e-mail address.
> Well, part of this is how ugly it looks with a gray outline in that nice > purple background, and part of it is how we need somewhere for subnav to > go, by subnav I mean the "FAQ | Search | Memberlist | Usergroups | > Statistics | Profile | You have no new messages | Log out" links the > forum has and the links we'll need under each toplevel section of our > site, say you click on "About" a minimum we need to link to > philosophy and social contract from there...and all our toplevel apps > could make use of this, bugs, packages, and archives for instance.
If you're talking about the structure of the website, that's one part that still needs a lot of discussion. I have a proposal at
> I can create xsl from Aaron's code in about an hour and I'm sure we can > come up with a box to use for testing, I'd just need to talk to > Ramereth.
Backporting the new code to XSL isn't difficult, but continuously doing this might get difficult if the code changes too much. Ideally, once the code is finished, we should focus on the new XSLT code so that every additional layout change happens in the XSL. Wkr, Sven Vermeulen -- Documentation project leader The Gentoo Project <<< >>>