From: Michael Curtis Napier <curtis119@×××××.com>
To: www-redesign@××××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [www-redesign] Too much?
Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2005 04:10:02
1 I'm in the process of making a beta of guide.xsl and handbook.xsl. I
2 haven't touched handbook.xml yet but guide.xml is coming along nicely.
3 Aaron, we really need you to work on the layout. I'm not really a
4 designer so all I can do is copy your ideas. Please look at how the
5 pages are being rendered and give me some input. A tarball of all the
6 cleaned up pages and css you have would really help. These pages are
7 being served from my laptop using xeviers' gorg over dsl so be patient.
10 http://curtis119.no-ip.org/index.xml
11 http://curtis119.no-ip.org/main/en/where.xml
12 http://curtis119.no-ip.org/doc/en/index.xml
13 http://curtis119.no-ip.org/main/en/about.xml
14 http://curtis119.no-ip.org/main/en/contract.xml
17 Anything that is a guide or part of the handbook relies on the
18 handbook.xsl template so isn't in the new layout yet. I should get that
19 working sometime this week.
22 Comments? Suggestions?
25 --- Sven Vermeulen <swift@g.o> wrote:
26 > Chris Case wrote:
27 > > On a side note... what's the current progress level of the website
28 > > redesign? Need any help?
29 >
30 > Yes, we are still in desperate need of layouts for additional Gentoo
31 > website pages, which I call "Reference Pages":
32 >
33 > - The 'More headlines' page
34 > - A webpage (like /main/en/about.xml)
35 > - A news page (/news/en/blabla.xml)
36 > - A guide page (like /doc/en/gentoo-upgrading.xml)
37 > - A printer-friendly guide page (like
38 > /doc/en/gentoo-upgrading.xml?style=printable)
39 >
40 > And that's just design. We'll need to think about the code
41 > afterwards,
42 > making sure that it can be used on all sorts of html browsers,
43 > including
44 > with large-font support (for the visually impaired people) as
45 > Xavier
46 > pointed out.
47 >
48 > Wkr,
49 > Sven Vermeulen
50 >
51 > --
52 > ^__^ And Larry saw that it was Good.
53 > (oo) Sven Vermeulen
54 > (__) http://www.gentoo.org Documentation & PR
55 > --
56 > www-redesign@g.o mailing list