From: Energytwister <energytwister@×××××.com>
To: www-redesign@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [www-redesign] status of http://wwwredesign.gentoo.org
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 07:51:55
1 > If you have access to a Macintosh, Windows, *BSD or any other OS or
2 > Browser please test the site and include your OS and the browser
3 > version in your feedback. I haven't received feedback from
4 > Konqueror or Safari so feedback from those browsers would be much
5 > appreciated.
6
7 I am using a Powerbook G4 running with Mac OS X 10.4.3 (Tiger) and
8 Safari Version 2.0.2 (416.12).
9
10 The site looks just fine with the exception of a lot of unnecessary
11 whitespace between the header and
12 the cow logo where it reads "We produce Gentoo...".
13
14 A similar amount of "seems-out-of-place"-whitespace is visible
15 between the "Older News"-link and the
16 three icons for "Documentation" "Resources' "Community".
17
18 I also checked the site with Firefox 1.0.7 on my Mac. It displays the
19 same whitespace. Perhaps this is
20 intended after all? If it indeed is intended you might want to think
21 about it, seems like a lot of wasted
22 space to me.
23
24 I could post a screenshot if anyone wants one.
25
26 Thanks for your time,
27 Patrick
28 --