From: Energytwister <energytwister@×××××.com>
To: www-redesign@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [www-redesign] status of
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 07:51:55
> If you have access to a Macintosh, Windows, *BSD or any other OS or > Browser please test the site and include your OS and the browser > version in your feedback. I haven't received feedback from > Konqueror or Safari so feedback from those browsers would be much > appreciated.
I am using a Powerbook G4 running with Mac OS X 10.4.3 (Tiger) and Safari Version 2.0.2 (416.12). The site looks just fine with the exception of a lot of unnecessary whitespace between the header and the cow logo where it reads "We produce Gentoo...". A similar amount of "seems-out-of-place"-whitespace is visible between the "Older News"-link and the three icons for "Documentation" "Resources' "Community". I also checked the site with Firefox 1.0.7 on my Mac. It displays the same whitespace. Perhaps this is intended after all? If it indeed is intended you might want to think about it, seems like a lot of wasted space to me. I could post a screenshot if anyone wants one. Thanks for your time, Patrick -- www-redesign@g.o mailing list