From: Michael Curtis Napier <curtis119@×××××.com>
To: www-redesign@××××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [www-redesign] Current status
Date: Tue, 08 Mar 2005 03:35:33
1 I'm working on the xsl at the moment. I'm trying to recycle the
2 existing guide.xsl but much of it will have to be changed to fit the
3 new layout. I have the main index.xml working if anyone wants to look
4 at it. The style sheet needs to be tweeked a little though.
5
6 http://curtis119.no-ip.org
7
8 Some of the other pages work but the formatting isn't fixed. About, Get
9 Gentoo and Social Contract(I added this to the jumppad). I'll be
10 working on this all week and I'll give an update as it comes together.
13 I have the handbook working a little but it's on a different virtual
14 server. I'll try to integrate it into the main one by the end of this
15 week so everyone can look (It's not very nice to look at at the
16 moment).
19 Aaron, are you planning on making this cascading stylesheet with multi
20 .css files permanent? I think it would be easier if we consolidate it
21 into one style sheet. Making a seperate style sheet for things like
22 "about" and "socialcontract" and "docs" and "news" would make things to
23 complicated when we could have one single css file that controlled
24 every page. A seperate one for "print" may be OK though. Thoughts
25 anyone?
28 --- Sven Vermeulen <swift@g.o> wrote:
29
30 > Okay, it's quite difficult to keep this one alive, but I'll try
31 > anyhow :)
32 >
33 > Aaron, you told me that the design put online at
34 > http://www.siphos.be/~svermeulen/gentoo/index.html was quite
35 > different from
36 > what you had in design. Is this still the case? If so, I'll need the
37 > "better" design to be put in CVS.
38 >
39 > We hardly have anything except this front-page design and that's not
40 > much,
41 > although many can be distilled from it.
42 >
43 > As you might notice at
44 > http://dev.gentoo.org/~swift/www-redesign/roadmap.xml#layout we (I)
45 > still
46 > need some designs for other reference pages. Really, this is
47 > designing. I'm
48 > not good at it. I'd be *very* grateful if people take a stab at it.
49 >
50 > My proposal for the structure used by the Gentoo website is online at
51 > http://dev.gentoo.org/~swift/www-redesign/structure.txt, comments are
52 > appreciated. You might want to take a look at other distributions and
53 > community-driven projects to get an idea on how you'd like the
54 > website to
55 > evolve.
56 >
57 > We might also want to start looking at our XML DTDs, see if we can
58 > improve
59 > the current XML formats, explain why certain tags are obsoleted and
60 > what
61 > tags aren't, etc. This is the first step to the XSLT.
62 >
63 > But mainly, we need those reference pages. Anyone with some knowledge
64 > of
65 > layouting pages - go for it!
66 >
67 > Wkr,
68 > Sven Vermeulen
69 >
70 > --
71 > Documentation & PR project leader
72 >
73 > The Gentoo Project <<< http://www.gentoo.org >>>
76 > ATTACHMENT part 2 application/pgp-signature
80 www-redesign@g.o mailing list